Colorful foods — well yes, we all like a good looking dinner when we’re served with one, don’t we? Being presented with a meal that has been overcooked can be pretty unappetizing. But when everything has been cooked to perfection and great care has been taken to provide a wide range of good colors in a well-presented meal, you can only look forward to enjoying your dining experience.
A Healthy, Colorful Diet: Good For The Waistline & Wallet
So here are some great reasons for wanting to inject a little color into your diet.
1. Different colors indicate that you’re getting different nutrients and vitamins. Instead of opting for purely monochromatic servings of vegetables in your salad, go for a more techni-colored veggie dish. It’s an easy way to eat healthy — get good color representation and you’ll get all the nutrients you need to feel and look healthier than you have in ages.
2. You’ll regain an interest in eating a healthy diet. Once you tap back into the various colors of foods, you’ll be more interested in what you are eating and why. Nothing can beat a nice colorful plate of food with lots of fresh vegetables in the mix. Focus on the colors and you will enjoy a healthier diet without even trying.
Image from HealingWithLifestyle.com
3. You’ll be inspired to try out new foods, especially those that contribute to an attractive meal. Variety can actually be good for you in both a physical and mental way. If you start trying out different recipes and ideas based on their food content and color, you may find that you won’t have room for the “junk”. You might be surprised by how much cash you can save by going for variety. By being a little more adventurous, you might just discover more affordable foods that actually are delicious!
4. You can save money by opting for cheap and fresh fruit and vegetables instead of junk food. Pick up cheap fruit and vegetables, and learn to store them so they’ll last longer. Don’t buy pre-packed though –- buy it all fresh and loose to get better value for your money. Buy at the end of the day to grab some fabulous discounts too. Also, cutting out the junk food and skipping the ready made meals will bring down your expenses and leave you more funds for your savings goals.
5. You’ll start feeling better. Before long, you’ll recognize and experience the benefits of eating well. For instance, green foods are great for boosting your immune system and also for providing you with more energy. You’ll get a lot of the same benefits from broccoli, green beans, peas and any other green vegetable. Other colored foods have their own benefits so keep an eye on the food pyramid, and eat a wide range of foods each day to reap the rewards.
The bottom line? You don’t have to read labels or check up on fats or calories if you go down the color coded route. By focusing on the colors in your foods instead, and by sensibly cutting down on meat and fatty products, you’ll find yourself with improved health over time. Just let the colors guide you!
We all know that fresh fruit and vegetables are good for us. So why don’t you get ready for the best diet in the world –- the color coded diet? You might be pleasantly surprised at just how tasty it is.
Copyright © 2010 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.