I encountered some interesting facts and trivia about the business and stock trading world:
- 1st Truth: Bill Gates makes over $30 million each night while he sleeps.
- 2nd Truth: The most expensive stock in the world is Berkshire Hathaway (BRKA). The stock as of today trades for $134,215 per share.
- 3rd Truth: On an average day, over $6.6 Billion is circulated through Apple (AAPL) stock.
- 4th Truth: The world record for the largest single portfolio return in one year is 29,233% which was done by Dan Zanger.
- 5th Truth: The Blue-Ray versus HD DVD battle is worth over ten billion dollars to the winner.
- 6th Truth: Besides futures trading, options trading is the most riskiest conducted worldwide.
- 7th Truth: Exxon Mobil (XOM) has the largest market capitalization in the world, with as of today holding a value of $480.31 Billion.
- 8th Truth: Steve Jobs of Apple is paid $1 per year to work as CEO, but last year realized over $646 million from vested restricted stock.
- 9th Truth: The best investment strategy is also the simplest, follow the overall trend. It is known that three out of four stocks follow the overall trend on any given day.
I actually picked these up from The Carnival of Personal Finance #128, which was graciously hosted by Stock Trading To Go this week. I’d like to thank Blain for selecting my post on smart consumption as an Editor’s Pick! Here are some notable articles I found there:
- Making money without the risk of losing @ Coddleshell [Interesting post on an investment that my parents have actually tried out. The return they got was a little better than CD rates but your mileage may vary.]
- Celebrity Credit Cards Endorsements – Are You Influenced? @ Ask Mr. Credit Card
- States have money for you, too @ Don’t Mess With Taxes
- What is financial success? @ QueerCents
- Rechargeable Batteries Can Save You Money And Help The Environment @ My Two Dollars
- Slash Your Winter Heating Bills – 7 Free Ways to Save Big This Winter @ Cash Money Life
- Saving Money on the Road @ Rocket Finance
How about some personal stories? The Dividend Guy was the honorable editor for The 36th Carnival of Money Stories. A big thank you for the Editor’s Pick! I was quite pleased that he called my story “sexy” 😉 .
Thanks as well to Lance Turner at Arkansas Business for featuring my tips to financial independence in the past week. I like your new digs!
Copyright © 2007 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.