I came upon something quite strange and even creepy the other day. I am a huge crime story buff and I often watch shows like “Forensic Files”, “City Confidential” and “Cold Case Files” (yeah, along with reality television shows). I’ve mentioned before I was a big couch potato right? Well these crime shows tell you about real life cases, the crime investigation process and finally how these cases get resolved.
What took me aback though was that one show portrayed a case right smack dab in the middle of my neighborhood in Silicon Valley, California. It’s a bit of a surprise given that I live in a pretty boring area where nothing much happens. It’s the suburban countryside, so maybe that’s why it was considered a big deal — a peaceful setting contrasted with a weird crime must’ve made the story stand out enough for it to be televised.
And the clincher? My very own BLOCK was featured on the show. Ack! What’s more, the perpetrator (whom I believe grew up around here) got a simple slap on the wrist because he was a juvenile when he committed the felony. Hmmmm… goes to show that anything can happen anywhere, and it’s always wise to keep vigilant.
Now let’s move on to something more exciting, shall we? Like finding out if you’re stuck with a lousy retirement plan. A bad 401k? Now that’s a crime!
Recommended Personal Finance Reads
- Blueprint From Financial Prosperity reveals the details of Obama’s emergency economic plan, which includes a second stimulus check and growth funds.
- All Financial Matters reveals the four habits of financially peaceful people. If you know where your money goes and know what you want your money to do, you must be at peace.
- Lazy Man and Money is gearing up for football season and has his opinions on bundled football tickets and other forms of bundling.
- Money Smart Life tells us how to protect ourselves from commodity scams.
- Gen X Finance: Here’s how to find out if you’ve got a bad 401k plan.
- The Sun’s Financial Diary: In the heels of our latest portfolio update, where we got to share our stock portfolio returns, Sun now tells us how his net worth has fared in the past month.
- Mighty Bargain Hunter doesn’t care how much Exxon makes per second. For the record, it’s about $1,500 per second.
- No Credit Needed: NCN does a midyear retirement funding checkup using a colorful table.
- Million Dollar Journey: Frugal Trader is richer by around half a percent compared to the month of June. We haven’t been as lucky!
- Brip Blap: Should you stay away from political news? Steve rants about his addiction to the news. Thank goodness I’m only addicted to reality television shows.
- My Dollar Plan shares with us how to make early Roth IRA withdrawals.
- Life, Liberty and The Pursuit of Money: RacerX wants to be the first blogger in space!
- Weight Loss Journal: See how one fellow continues to lose a lot of weight. He’s even managed to lose 4 pounds last week despite not being able to exercise!
- Dividends 4 Life describes the perfect dividend stock.
- Value For Your Life shares 7 secrets for accomplishing your goals.
- Prosper Blog: Is it really time to chuck your checkbook? I guess I’m pretty old-fashioned because I still like using mine!
Copyright © 2008 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.