Some exciting news! One of the forefathers of personal financial blogging 😉 , Flexo, has organized an awesome new annual event for the personal finance blogging space. He is the guy behind many other such community based efforts in the personal finance blogging world, and is therefore a huge reason why this online community is particularly tight. He writes for his own blog, Consumerism Commentary and maintains the personal finance aggregate site: PFBlogs.org, where you can keep tabs on the latest personal finance chatter in the blogosphere.
So what is the “Plutus Awards” event all about? It is meant to highlight and acknowledge top contributors in the personal finance space — including the best products, services and blogs. And I’m pleased to announce that The Digerati Life has been nominated for the category “Best Personal Finance Blog For Careers”. It’s going to be a challenge going up against such high caliber blogs like Bargaineering, Brazen Careerist, Brip Blap and Squawkfox! I’m honored to be in such company.
While this blog is an all around personal finance blog, I’ve covered the job and career beat to some extent. Here are some samples of articles I’ve written on this topic:
- Stop Being Poor! What Low-Income Earners Can Do To Get Off Minimum Wage
- A Job Quitter’s Primer: 25 Reasons To Leave Your Job
- Increase Your Salary Without Increasing Your Work
- Best Company To Work For: Money and Perks Like No Other
You can always check out our archives for more good stuff.
Anyway, I hope you do check out the Plutus Awards pages and put in a vote for your favorite personal finance blog. It means a lot to us when we know you like our work! 🙂
For the record, here are some of the featured categories for the Plutus 2.0 Awards:
- Best New Personal Finance Blog of 2009
- Best Debt Blog
- Best Investing Blog
- Best Frugality Blog
- Best Tax Blog
- Best Religious Financial Blog
- Best International Personal Finance Blog
- Best Canadian Personal Finance Blog
- Best Personal Finance Blog for Teens or College Students
- Best Personal Finance Blog for Generation Y or X
- Best Personal Finance Blog for Careers: I’m nominated for this category!
- Best Personal Finance Blog for Entrepreneurs
- Best Personal Finance Blog for Retirement
- Most Funny Personal Finance Blog 😉 : I’m actually sponsoring this category!
- Most Controversial Personal Finance Blog
- BLOG OF THE YEAR
- Lifetime Achievement Award
After all that, I feel like I was just talking about the Oscars! 🙂 So here’s counting on your vote! I’m also hoping that next year, there’ll be a “Sexiest Personal Finance Blog” where I hope to make an appearance (put me up against Budgets Are Sexy!). Okay I’m half kidding.
Finally, I’m also sponsoring the Most Humorous Personal Finance Blog category because it’s one that’s dear to my heart. Have known the nominees in this group for ages and can vouch for just how truly funny they are.
Copyright © 2010 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.