Prosper.com is a highly popular network for peer to peer lenders and investors. It’s a great place to try to get a personal loan that’s potentially cheaper than at banks or loan companies. It also provides investors an opportunity to pursue an alternative form of investing via short term instruments.
We’re here to bring you the latest on Prosper’s promotions and special offers. If you’d like to get the low down on this platform and how it all works, then you can check out our Prosper review, but if you’re ready to sign up for an account in order to take advantage of a bonus, then this is the place to be. To take advantage of the latest deals, you will need to use the links on this page.
Active Prosper.com Promotions (Bonuses For New Accounts)
Prosper is offering a $100 referral bonus. They have an ongoing “refer a friend” program wherein you can receive a cash bonus of $100 for any new borrower you refer to Prosper. Any Prosper member, whether you’re a borrower or lender, can participate in this program.
Expired Prosper Offers and Deals
Everything below this point covers information on past offers and promotions at this P2P lending company. We keep an archived history of what Prosper has done in the past in order to give you a good idea of what may also be in store down the road. They come up with some freebies now and again for new members, so here’s a taste of what they’ve done before to attract new accounts:
Prosper gives away a free iPod for the holidays to new borrowers. This offer expires on November 27, 2011 11:59 PM. If you’re interested in applying for a personal loan, then by setting up a borrower’s account at Prosper right now, you’ll get yourself a free iPod for Christmas. Submit your loan application between now and November 27 (inclusive). The loan needs to be eligible and should be successfully processed by December 16, 2011 so that you can receive your iPod by Christmas Eve. Prosper will ship your gift to the address linked to your account.
Prosper loans are currently not available to residents of Iowa, Main and North Dakota.
Holidays 2011: FREE iPad 2 and cool gifts. Offer from November 12 to December 12, 2011.
This offer is aimed towards NEW lenders or investors. For a very limited time, you can get yourself a FREE iPad 2 at Prosper.com.
They are holding a special promotion for new investors where the following cool gifts are available, and the kind of gift you receive will be based on how much you decide to invest into Prosper notes.
- Invest $25,000 or more and you’ll receive an Apple iPad 2.
- Invest from $10,000 to $24,999 and you’ll get Bose® QuietComfort® 15 Headphones.
- Invest from $5,000 to $9,999 and you’ll receive an iPod® Nano.
You are required to register by December 12, 2011. The amount you have in funded notes by December 23, 2011 will determine the gift threshold. Please read the terms of the promo to clarify their rules. Perhaps these great gifts will help you make the decision to join the Prosper marketplace, but before you do, make sure you know the risks.
$5,000 Shop On Us Sweepstakes. Enter Prosper’s sweepstakes between November 21, 2011 and November 30, 2011; there is no additional requirement other than a submission of your name and email address. Only one entry per individual is allowed. Prosper will conduct their random drawing within 5 working days after the close of the promo period (after Nov. 30) and the winner will be contacted via phone or email.
November 1, 2009: Prosper offered cash bonuses for new accounts. While these particular offers are no longer available, it may be resurrected in the future. There were in fact, a couple of ways to earn cash bonuses:
1. New investors were offered a $50 bonus. If you’re sitting on the sidelines waiting for a good investment opportunity that’s outside of the usual markets, you can try out a short term, fixed income investment with a peer to peer lender. Prosper provides you with tools to help manage your investments and a way to invest in high yield loans. In fact, the average annual return you can get from Prosper is 10.6%. Accounts don’t have maintenance charges or hidden fees. Only lenders (or investors) qualified for the $50 sign up bonus. You had to sign up for a new account and fulfill two bids on Prosper loans, after which they deposited $50 into your account. Only investors from qualified states in the U.S. were able to take advantage of this offer. Investing in peer to peer lending is limited to certain states as it is a regulated investment activity and requires scrutiny by the state government before it’s permitted. In due time, it is expected that residents from all the states will eventually be able to participate in this form of investing.
2. A cash rebate was offered based on how much you invested. Lenders were offered a rebate if they invested between October 12, 2009 and November 15, 2009. They needed to successfully bid on loan listings that resulted in funded loans. Rebate details were as follows:
- Investing $1,000 to $4,999 got you a 1% cash rebate deposited into your account.
- Investing $5,000 or more resulted in a 2% cash rebate deposited into your account.
These deposits took place by December 4, 2009 for those who participated in this deal.
Created November 1, 2009. Updated November 26, 2011. Copyright © 2011 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.