CitiBank is an international banking giant that provides financial retail products that range from bank accounts to credit cards, loans and investments. We keep track of Citibank promotions here, and the latest ones we have may be short-lived, so you’ll want to act fast if you’d like to consider a Citibank product plus get additional perks when you’re approved for an account. Most offers by Citi are reserved for new customers.
As a major card issuer, Citibank offers credit cards and banking products that allow you to earn reward points that you can later redeem for merchandise and other items through the Citi ThankYou Points network. Many of the promotions they have at this time involve garnering points through this rewards program.
Latest Active CitiBank Promotions To Let You Earn Cash Or Extra Points
We update this space for the latest and greatest promos from Citibank. Watch this page for ongoing developments and changes to Citibank’s list of products!
#1 Citibank Checking Accounts: Receive Up To $400 In Gift Cards, Limited Time Offer
This offer is valid until April 30, 2012. Here are the benefits you’ll get for opening a checking account with Citibank using this special offer.
Here are the steps you’ll need to take to be eligible for the bonuses:
- Open a checking account by April 30, 2012.
- Enroll your account in the Citi ThankYou Rewards Program within 45 days of opening your account.
- Make one direct deposit as well as one bill payment for two months.
There’s another short term offer below that also covers these checking accounts, which you may prefer. I provide more details about these products below.
#2 Citibank Checking Accounts: Up To $100 Cash Bonus, Limited Time Offer
This offer is good until December 31, 2012. You’ll receive cash as an incentive for establishing a checking account at Citibank, and the amount will depend on the type of account you open. There are two checking accounts to choose from which have this offer. Note that both checking accounts come with a debit card that has no monthly fee, which will allow you free access to over 30,000 ATMs globally. Electronic bill pay and mobile banking are free as well. Here are a few more details:
Citigold Interest Checking Account
- This account is considered Citibank’s premier checking account product and will typically benefit higher worth individuals.
- Get a one time reward of $100 when you open an account.
- Requires a minimum opening balance of $500 but you’ll need to fund your account with at least $1,000 within 45 days of account open in order to receive the cash bonus.
- Requires one direct deposit and one online bill payment transaction made on two consecutive months within 45 days of opening the account.
- Has a monthly service fee of $30, which is waived if you maintain a minimum average balance across eligible Citi accounts.
- You may receive preferred rates and discounts on related Citi products. Yield is negligible.
- Receive guidance from Citi Personal Wealth Advisors.
- Earn $50 when you open an account, but certain prerequisites apply.
- Requires a minimum opening deposit of $100, however, just like the Citigold Account, you’ll have to fund this account with at least $1,000 within the first 45 days of ownership in order to be eligible for the $50 one time bonus.
- Requires one electronic bill pay and direct deposit transaction for two consecutive months on the first 45 days of account ownership.
- Has a monthly fee of $20, which is waived if you maintain a minimum combined average balance in Citibank accounts.
#3 Citi ThankYou Preferred Rewards Card: $250 in Gift Cards, Limited Time Offer.
You can now receive 25,000 ThankYou rewards points, which is the equivalent of $250 in gift cards if you apply for a Preferred Rewards card. But to avail of this opportunity, you’ll first have to make $2,000 in purchases on your Preferred Rewards card over the first 3 months of being a cardholder. Note that this card has no annual fee and you’ll also earn 1 rewards point for each dollar you spend. Other great features? You’ll get an anniversary bonus each year that you’re a customer, plus your points are unlimited and won’t expire.
#4 Citi Dividend Platinum Select Visa Card: $100 Cash Back, Limited Time Offer.
Along the lines of big rewards, this no annual fee card is a strong cash back card that also kicks up $100 in cash after you spend $500 within the initial 3 months of owning the card. It looks like a contender for top cash back card, with a generous 5% cash back benefit on popular categories which change every quarter. You’ll need to enroll with Citi in order to enjoy the 5% category-based cash back rewards. For everything else, you’ll get a 1% cash back on buy transactions and cash advances.
Expired Promotions From Citibank
If you’re curious about older promotions from Citibank, here’s a short list of what they had recently. As a cardmember, you may be eligible for occasional promos like these, which we’ve included here for illustrative purposes. You can participate in such campaigns when they come up. Note that these offers are no longer active.
Holiday Sweepstakes for existing card holders. If you are a cardmember, you can win between $10 to $10,000 in Citi Gift Cards (or Citi Prepaid Cards) via a weekly sweepstakes draw. There are thousands of cards that are being given away each week. You can participate by following these steps:
- To join, you’ll need to register at a designated special page for the sweepstakes (link deactivated).
- Any eligible purchase you make with your registered Citi credit card between November 1 and December 31, 2011 will be counted.
- Eligible online purchases will give you 5 entries while other purchases will yield 1 entry.
- Here’s a breakdown of the prizes: $10 Citi prepaid cards (2,000 units), $25 cards (250), $50 cards (100), $100 cards (50), $500 cards (25), $1,000 cards (3) and $10,000 card (1).
Created December 5, 2009. Updated March 8, 2012. Copyright © 2012 The Digerati Life. All Rights Reserved.